Data Protection Notice
As an e-commerce and recruitment firm established in Singapore and operating internationally, we want to protect the privacy of visitors to our website. Please read the following notice; it will help you to understand how we collect, use, disclose, process, protect and retain your personal data that is in our possession. We may change our privacy notice at any time without giving you notice, so please check it each time you visit our website.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
Personal data refers to any information that can uniquely identify an individual person (a) on its own, or (b) when combined with other information. Under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA), business contact information (e.g. full name, business address, business telephone number) is not considered as personal data so long as it is used strictly for business-to-business (B2B) transactions. Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), business contact information is considered as personal data.
We collect your personal data when you…:
- Enter into an agreement or contract with us to provide you with our recruitment services;
- Respond to one of our marketing or promotion campaigns;
- Are referred to us by one of our clients or customers;
- Enquire about our range of services;
- Visit our websites and leave behind your contact information;
- Communicate with us via emails or written correspondences.
- Submit your CV or job application to us in response to our recruitment advertisements;
- Submit your CV to us via email, or otherwise contact us to inquire about employment opportunities with us or our clients;
- Sign up to our newsletter.
Types of Personal Data We Collect About You
The types of personal data we collect about you include but are not limited to:
- Client’s contact information (name, address, phone no., email Address);
- Client’s financial information (bank account no., credit/debit card name, credit/debit card no., card expiry date).
- Job applicant’s personal details (name, NRIC no./FIN no./passport no., gender, date of birth, race/ethnicity, citizenship, nationality, marital status, family background, religion, languages spoken or written, household/personal income);
- Job Applicant’s educational and professional qualifications (highest education level, qualifications, schools attended, academic transcripts, membership of professional bodies, certifications);
- Job applicant’s professional and work experience (job title, occupation, employment history, employment pass status, work experience, curriculum vitae).
Handling Sensitive Data
While the PDPA does not have a separate classification of sensitive data, the GDPR defines the following as sensitive or special categories of data: racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade-union membership; genetic data; biometric data; data concerning health or sex life; and sexual orientation.
Where applicable under the GDPR, we will only process special categories of data pertaining to you upon your explicit consent, except under certain circumstances such as in the context of employment; protecting your vital interests; personal data made public by you; for legal claims; or for reasons of public interest.
Withdrawal of Consent
If you wish to withdraw consent, you should give us reasonable notice. We will advise you of the likely consequences of your withdrawal of consent, e.g. without your personal contact information we may not be able to inform you of future services offered by us.
To withdraw your consent, you should email email@example.com