Western Australia to speed up transport construction contracts and award AU$2.3 billion in roads contracts
The Western Australian Government has approved new measures for “Construction Panel Contracts” to speed up the awarding of millions of dollars of transport infrastructure projects. The efforts are designed to streamline the process of awarding contracts for projects up to $20 million in value.
WA’s Main Roads panel is also is fast-tracking the tendering process for a number of large-scale road projects, worth around AU$2.3 billion and estimated to create 13,000 jobs.
- Bunbury Outer Ring Road – (budget $852 million)
- Tonkin Highway Gap project (budget $290 million)
- Fremantle Traffic Bridge – (budget $230 million)
- Mitchell Freeway Extension to Romeo Road (budget $215 million)
- Roe Highway/Great Eastern Highway/Abernethy Road – (budget $180 million)
- Albany Ring Road (budget $175 million)
- Stephenson Avenue (Stirling) – (budget $125 million)
- Leach Highway Welshpool Road Interchange – (budget $93 million)
- Great Northern Hwy Ord River North Stage 3 & 4 (budget $89 million)
- Mitchell Freeway Hodges Drive to Hepburn Avenue widening (budget $76 million)
- Lloyd Street Extension (budget $40 million)
The WA government hopes that investing in civil infrastructure will help the region recover from the negative financial effects caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Drop me a line at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss this project in more detail.